Monday, March 05, 2012

I'm still here...


Hello! I'm back!


More than 6 years done since that first post....
So, Thanks for waiting... : )
 
But how can I say why..., a 7,2 RS earthquake in 27th May 2006 in Yogyakarta destroyed my workshop and taken almost all of my fortune....
I've to start all over again, right from the very bottom....
And now I can only show you this...






It should be a spring powered car, isn't it?

Yup, you can see a long red painted coiled spring there. Thats must be the main mark. But there's an other red painted thing, too.... A Flywheel!!

So, what was that?

Well, Gentlemen..., I proudly present; A Kinetic-Spring Powered Car! 200% better load capacity, 300% faster, but 50% lighter pedaling than those well known pedicabs!

I added a flywheel for very simple but important reason; energy efficiency. So let me start from there.
All moving things always have kinetic energy. For those who are not familiar enough with kinetic energy please visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_energy and comeback then. Kinetic energy comes from inertia. For those who are not familiar enough with inertia please visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inertia and comeback then. Why? Because I hate to talk about physics. I’m only an amateur workshopper.
Many modern vehicles, especially electric powered models, exploits kinetic energy by regenerative braking system. But not in my spring powered car. Its muscle powered. So it will be relatively less complicated system.
Its a very simple job, but very effective to save the human (rider) energy.
I simply add a big pulley to the pedal’s sprocket shaft and connect it, with a v-belt of course, to a smaller pulley in the flywheel’s shaft (I’ll post the drawings later). Now we have a kinetic powered system instantly. And the result is very amazing, especially it’s climbing performance.
You might want to try it on your bicycle. But be careful; Without a clutch system it will be hard to be stopped normally! Or you’ll need a very strong brake system to burn the energy intact in the spinning flywheel! That's depends on size, weight, and speed of flywheel, anyway.
But for me that's not satisfying enough.... My main aim is to maximize the cruising ability with the same or less amount of energy, and optimizing the speed performance at once. And that's why I use the spring, or springs. We’ll talk about it tomorrow...




4 comments:

Faisal said...

Hi, I'm modelling a similar vehicle but scaled down to about 15cm in length. Any help and/or tips about the axles and wheels/steering attachment to body would be very much appreciated :)

Fajar Yulianto said...

Hi Faisal,
I can’t understand your scale term. Sorry. But if you meant is 1:15 then its only as small as a “hotwheel” toy....
And as for your question, I’ll post all of my spring powered car details, little by little. So please just simply follow this blog by email. Thx.

Roderick_E said...

Hello, I've done some theoretical work on a Clockwork Car but need to work with people who can put the ideas together. Take a look:
http://thekingdomcome.com/clockwork-car

Anonymous said...

I am a Swiss certified watchmaker from Texas living in Florida at the moment working in defense instead of my preferred field. One of you email me if possible because I have about 15 possible ways this can and will work in a daily driving scenario with kinetic energy either re-winding mainspring or even a capacitor of sorts. Thanks all. Rolexmd69@hotmail.com